Hydrogen peroxide has become very popular for most natural enthusiastic homes. So what is Hydrogen peroxide ? Hydrogen peroxide is (H2O2), a liquid that looks just like water---colorless. It is usually produced as aqueous solutions, used mainly for bleaching cotton and other textiles and wood pulp, in the manufacture of other chemicals used for cosmetic and medicinal purposes. Non-toxic hydrogen peroxide is an ideal cleaning tool. However, when using hydrogen peroxide for cleaning, for cosmetic or medicinal purpose, you should keep in mind that any hydrogen peroxide solution that is not diluted or more than 8 percent hydrogen peroxide is corrosive to the skin.
How can Hydrogen peroxide help you? Hydrogen peroxide can be used in many ways:
- You can use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda added to lukewarm water to wash vegetables and fruits immediately after it gets to your home from the grocery store. It will clean it and keep it safe from quick spoilage.
- Hydrogen peroxide as an all purpose cleaner to clean ceramic, glass or wood kitchen wares like cups, plates, spoons, cutting boards etc. It is the nontoxic way to clean out stains like wine stains, food stains, ink stains found on plates, clothing, counter tops, floors, carpet, in the fridge. It dissolves hard stains and makes cleaning easy.
- Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda added in a little bacterial fighting soap is also great for cleaning titled floors, toilets and even stinky armpits.
- Hydrogen peroxide as a Mouthwash will help reduce bacteria and whiten the teeth in your mouth. Dilute in water (the mixture should be about half water-half hydrogen peroxide) and use as a mouthwash, but do not to swallow this solution. Once you put nontoxic hydrogen peroxide to rinse your mouth in the morning, it will foam inside your mouth and will prevent bad mouth odor. Some experts say it helps alleviate toothaches and stinky mouth caused by tartar or tooth decay. But with this said, i don't recommend dishing your dentist, consult with your dentist whenever you think you may have a tooth ache or tooth decay.
- Cleaning and Healing Wounds – Most people know this, hydrogen peroxide solution helps clean wounds when applied directly, and it also removes dead skin tissue, stops bleeding in small blood vessels and prevents open wounds from oozing or bleeding. It also helps heal minor scrapes on skin.
Now, here is my favorite---Hydrogen peroxide used to get rid of cold and minor skin inflammation like Acne. When it comes to cold and minor acne, you should avoid taking over-the-counter medications like aspirins because it can affect your natural body immune defense and suppress your body's ability to produce antigens/antibodies that help fight pathogens such as a cold virus. Aspirin has been linked to lung complications including an abnormal build-up of fluid in your lungs, when taken in excess. You should only use these medications when absolutely necessary---an emergency when there is no other alternatives.
Hydrogen peroxide can help relieve colds and flu within 12 to 14 hours when a few drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is put into each ear. You may hear some bubbling once you put hydrogen peroxide in your ear and a slight stinging sensation, don't fret, it is normal. Wait until the bubbling and stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 minutes), then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear.
Also, from my experience, i find that you can use the 3% hydrogen peroxide(first aid antiseptic kind) as a quick fix astringent when you wake up in the morning and for getting rid of puss filled acne spot, reducing blemishes or for cleaning facial oil and dirt but you must wait at least 10 to 15 minutes before heading outdoors in the sun. You should protect yourself from skin damage by protecting your skin from the sun after you use hydrogen peroxide on your face or skin.